We reserve the right to change or modify the terms and conditions contained in these Terms at any time in our sole discretion, including but not limited to any policies or guidelines on the Platform. We will provide notice of our change barehanded by posting a revised Terms and changing the "Last Updated" date at the top of the Terms, or by sending an email from the email address provided by the user, or by any other means we determine in our sole discretion. Any changes or modifications will be effective immediately upon posting of the revised version on the Site or at the time we communicate the changes. These changes will be immediately applied to all ongoing and subsequent uses or services.
You waive any right to receive specific notice of such changes or modifications. Your continued use of this Platform shall be deemed to constitute your consent to such changes or modifications. If you do not agree to the current terms when accessing or using this platform, you must stop using our services. We highly recommend any individuals review the Terms in a frequent manner to ensure that you understand the terms and conditions that apply to your access to and use of the Services.
Information we collect,
- Information required at time of registration
When registering a Hoo account, you will need to provide your email address, name, password and other information if required during the registration process. In order to increase the security level of your account, you can apply for Google or SMS as the secondary verification, meanwhile the mobile phone number is required to open SMS verification.
- Information required to authenticate a user
In order to comply with global industry regulatory standards including Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Know Your Customer (KYC) and Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF), we are required to collect proof of identity, which applies to both personal and business accounts.
- Information required when using Hoo related services
Use Platform Information
During the use of the Hoo Platform, we monitor and collect relevant data such as (including but not limited to) access date and time, device identification, operating system, browser and IP address. This information may be obtained directly by Hoo or third-party service providers. These services use data collection to help ensure that our interface works across all platforms, as well as during criminal investigations.
For all business and personal accounts, we collect transaction information including (but not limited to) deposit snapshots, account balances, transaction records, withdrawals, order activity and distribution records. The collection of this data is used to monitor suspicious transactions to prevent user fraud and to assist in the adjudication of legal cases if may occurred.
Reasons why the Hoo collects information
- Provision and maintenance of our services
Use the information collected to maintain our services and verify user identities. We will use the IP address and unique identifier stored in your Cookie to verify your identity and provide services. Due to legal obligations and system requirements, we cannot serve you without data such as identification, contact information and transaction-related information.
- Protecting users
Use the information collected to protect platforms, user accounts and profiles. Uses IP address and cookie data to prevent attacks such as spam, phishing, and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks. Analysis of transaction activity for early detection of fraud and movement of funds to suspicious account.
- Compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
When carrying out supervision, government requirements and general requests from users, Hoo respects personal privacy and data security as its principle. We will not disclose or provide any personal information to third parties without the review of the legal team and the consent of users.
- Measuring website performance
We analyze website data to better understand the user's experience with the product. The operation team continuously carries out data analysis to ensure that the user experience can be continuously optimized, and timely solve all kinds of problems encountered in the use process.
- Communicate with users
In order to communicate directly with users, we collect personal information such as email addresses to assist users in resolving work orders and to notify users of login, transaction, and account security related activities. We will not be able to respond to requests and questions submitted by users without first verifying their identity prior to communication. All communication will be kept internally for accuracy review.
- Data sharing and disclosure
(1) Alliance + U-Share SDK
In order to provide you with a one-click sharing service, our product integration alliance + U-Share SDK will collect your device identification information (such as IMei/android ID/IDFA, etc.) And the public information of your social account you need to share, so as to complete the one-click sharing service. To better understand the types and uses of data collected by [alliance +], and how to protect your personal information, you can learn about [alliance +] privacy policies at the https://www.umeng.com/policy.
(2) Aurora SDK
- Hoo operators, shareholders, partners, investors, directors, supervisors, senior managers and employees of the aforementioned subjects
- Our agents, contractors, suppliers, third-party service providers and professional consultants, including those contracted to provide us with administrative, financial, research, operational, it or other services such as telecommunications, information technology, payroll, information processing, training, market research, storage and archiving
- Third party business partners who provide goods and services, sponsor contests or other promotional activities, whether or not they cooperate with us
- Insurance companies or insurance investigators and credit providers
- Credit Bureau, or in the event of default or dispute, any debt collection agency, dispute resolution center
- Business partners, investors, trustees or assignees (actual or prospective) who facilitate the transaction (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or sale of assets) of the business assets of the Hufu operator
- Professional advisers such as auditors and lawyers
- Relevant government regulators or law enforcement agencies that comply with laws or regulations established by government authorities
- Banks, credit card companies and their respective service providers
- A person approved by you, as determined by you or the applicable contract. For the security of your information, we have entered into data security agreements with third-party SDK service providers, which will strictly comply with our data privacy and security requirements. We will not share your personally identifiable information with them unless we have your consent.
How we protect the data of user,
Hoo has implemented a number of security measures to ensure that user information will not be lost, abused or tampered with. However, the form of electronic storage on the Internet can not guarantee 100% information security. Therefore, we recommend that you understand and take independent security precautions to protect the security of your personal information.
If you suspect that personal information, especially account or password information, has been leaked, please immediately freeze the account and contact Hufu customer service personnel.